In terms of car accident insurance should be differentiated:
- Compulsory insurance: third party insurance
- And optional insurance such as:
– All risk insurance car;
– Guaranteed driver;
– Legal protection insurance auto…
However, regardless of cover selected by the insured, be aware that exclusions may be included in the auto insurance.
Car accident insurance: compensation
In insurance car accident, compensation is offered by:
- The Direct Compensation Agreement for use between insured and car insurance companies or direct compensation of the insured in the case of pile;
- The results of the expertise;
- The level of deductibles.
For compensation under a simplified procedure, insurers can offer to victims of damage to accept the method of compensation governed by the Direct Compensation Agreement for use between insured and car insurance companies or direct compensation of the insured in case of pileup.
This agreement provides that each insured is directly compensated by insurance according to a predefined schedule.
By cons accident partially or totally responsible for the Convention does not apply.
In a road accident, damage both physical and material must be evaluated by an expert to determine the level of damage and the amount of compensation.
Every auto insurance policy includes a deductible level which is the share of the damages to be borne by the insured.
We distinguish different types of franchise:
- Absolute: a fixed amount is deducted from the compensation paid by the insurer;
- Simple: if the damage is less than the deductible amount the insurer pays nothing, if they are higher the insurer supports all damages;
- Proportional: a maximum and minimum amount is fixed with respect to a percentage of the amount of damage;
- Days: the insurance covers the damage after a number of days;
- Mileage: Insurance supports damage beyond a minimum number of miles from the usual parking place.